Friday, January 14, 2011
Starting with September Part one
September 2010, my sweetie, Scott started feeling a little weird. Just tired and just not right. He didn't go to work after Labor Day. Just kept calling in. He had to drive too far into Irving for me to feel comfortable with him driving. His left arm started getting a little weak. He had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Truly. Dr. Truly pulled on his huge arms and the right one held strong, the left one easily pulled down. He sent us to see Dr. Conway, actually we saw his NP, Cate Fuqua. She seemed to think he had a nerve issue so she ordered MRI of cspine and lt shoulder. Showed nothing and Scott's arm just kept getting more weak. Dr. Conway performed an EMG and said all his nerves were connecting well with his muscles, so then he ordered an MRI of the head. Scott got gradually worse and his left leg was being affected, also. The morning of September 23, Scott complained of seeing spots when he woke up and I told him I really thought he should go to the ER. He said he wanted to wait and see how the day went. By noon, he called me and said he was ready to go to ER. I came home, got him dressed and took him into TMC ER. I said stroke and gave them the symptoms and they started taking action. 1st up was CT Scan, which was all we needed. Dr. Lindsay came into the trauma room and just had that look on his face. My first thought was that he had a stroke, which would have been okay. Instead, Dr. Lindsay said he had a brain mass. I looked over at Scott and said, "It's like you willed it there." Because he always was saying he had a tumor and I would always say no. Well, here it is. Scott was flown by helicopter to Presbyterian in Dallas. I videoed him being flown away from me. I went home, the boys there waiting on me. I tearfully had to tell them about Scott and that they would have to stay with Grandmother for a while. I packed whatever made sense at the time and took them to Mom. I had to drive to Dallas by myself with all kinds of thoughts rolling through my head and feeling like I was in a daze. I made it there and to the ER where he was about 1030pm. We sat in that room until around 1 or 130 am, when a room opened up in ICU because his blood pressure was through the roof. When they got him to the room, I was told I could stay until he was comfortable and then I had to leave....at 2 am. I had to find a hotel in Dallas at 2am. I was so exhausted and had to be up and back at the hospital by 8, that's not much sleep with all I had on my mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment